09 setembro 2024

Tree-Hunting

During my time in the US, my focus was always on trees, as they were the main subject of most of my activities. 

Following my attempts to find a perfect subject for my classes I went "tree-hunting" around the school premisses (as I told here) and around the island. One subject that stood out was an old weeping willow, by the entrance of the Madeline Island Golf Club. I went there with Jane Blundell to sketch it, but due to the rain, we sketched from inside the car.

The sketch I did there share some similarities with another one I did later in Seattle. I believe this is due to the focus on the branch system. 

In both drawings I used graphite and white pastel Cretacolor pencils and erasers.

The old weeping willow, seen from inside the car

test
An old tree in the Seattle Arboretum, particularly the branch that extends straight out from the trunk caught my attention - it seemed oddly unnatural.




Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário