05 agosto 2024

US Trip 2024: A cold 4th of July in Duluth

I arrived in the US on 4th of July, the US's most celebrated holiday, in the city of Duluth, north of Minnesota. 
First, I rented a car in the airport for only a day - my plan was vitising Frank Lloyd Wright's gas station in Cloquet, a small town nearby. 
I spent most of the day with a guy I met at the hostel, which was very nice, since he knew most of the city and the good spots for ice-creams and burguers. 
I did a an-hour sketch of the Aerial Lift Bridge of Duluth, a colossal steel structure with gigantic counter weights which impressed me very much. The bridge was inaugurated in 1930.
We got a beer and a hamburguer and moved on to the park to watch the fire-works. It was a great first day. 

 
The next day would be busy, so I wanted to go to bed as early as possible. I would move to Madeline Island, for the so waited week course.



Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário